Monday, November 12, 2012

Best. Monday. Ever.

Of course.  You knew this was coming.   You did.  And you knew the day it was here, my blog would explode in a veritable panic of musical happiness....

MATCHBOX 20 IS HEADED TO THE USA!

Ok. Ok.  Australia.  You can quit gloating now.   They went there first and my best friend and I were just crushed.  We could not believe one of our favorite bands was abandoning the U.S.  I mean, we totally understand, that Australia is beautiful and the people are awesome... but we want to go to the concerts too and can't afford to fly to Australia!  Well.  It's our turn now!

So, my food blog has just been overthrown by a musical rant.  We'll be seeing them in Baltimore in February, then Tampa and Orlando in March.  They say they are going to be doing more over the summer with the major cities, so perhaps we'll get exponentially lucky and get to see them again.  I'm in the market for front row seats, so all of you awesome people out there who are friends with MB20 and read my blog, just write anytime and hook me up!

Anytime now....

Still waiting....

=P

Anyway.  In celebration of more music awesomeness for this year (2011 was filled with Goo Goo Dolls and I have the pictures, video, audio, backstage passes, signed set lists, and stage paraphernalia to prove it!)
It's taken me almost an hour to write this post as my imagination pulls me to loud crowds, standing in line, being so excited I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest and chase the lead singer across the stage.  I'm lost in daydreams about what front row with MB20 would be like and if I'd survive the heart attack from being that close.   I have lofty goals of up close pictures of Rob Thomas.... sigh.  I probably need to get out more.

I would VERY MUCH love to give you the most awesome celebratory recipe today so we can all party on with MB20, however.  However.  I did something this weekend that would make everyone here completely drool on themselves.  It was THE best recipe I've come up with since probably a week ago.  I know I don't post all the time, but I'm constantly searching for ingredients, recipes, ideas, and inspirations for different things.  I like to test them a few times and then post.  I had a great idea once, tried it, and it flopped so badly, it left a bad taste in my mouth (lol literally) and I decided it wasn't such a great idea after all.  Glad I hadn't already just passed it onto you (since it LOOKED wildly successful!  It did NOT taste that way.)

I'll tone it down a bit from my near panic flailing excitement and talk about breakfast.

Do you struggle with breakfast food?  Eggs.  Check.   Eggs.  Check.   Egss with cheese.  Sigh.  Is there anything else for breakfast that's gluten free and sugar free?  Have you seen cereal lately?  It's packed with the rice flours and potato starches and SUGAR that we were talking about on Friday.  That is NOT a great way to start a great day.  I find a good breakfast needs protein obviously, but eggs have gotten old.

Here is a great morning starter, fairly easy to throw together, and if you wanted to, you could add any number of your favorite items to it.

Morning Burst Yogurt

1 cup plain, unsweeted organic yogurt (Greek works fine too, I can't remember the kind I usually buy, but use Stoneyfield regularly also)
1/4 cup almonds (salted roasted or raw, however you like them)
10 drops liquid stevia (14-18 for Greek if you like)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut (grated fresh, or dried)
OPTIONAL:  you can throw in a handful of berries if you like, or some craisins - REMEMBER!  Craisins have ADDED SUGAR!   Unless you buy the non sugared from Wholefoods, the ones at the regular stores do HAVE SUGAR.  Be really sparing with these.  Or do not use them.

Mix and enjoy!  I love to add a cup of hot white tea to my breakfast.  Give it a try!

(oops.  Ignore my school-laced, messy desk for this photo, it was morning.  You know what that means right?  My brain wasn't functioning yet.  I'm so proud of myself for having a clear picture that you can actually see the food.....)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy one of the recipes or just killing time at work on a Friday? Let everyone know! Also, if you modified a recipe with great success - post it! We love new ideas and delicious foods! Keep it clean and family friendly!