Monday, March 19, 2012

Sneak Peak Monday - mystery meal

Today is Monday and it doesn't even feel like it. My friend threw a party today (all day affair) and it was a blast. I wore a new 'party dress' from Modcloth that was pink with multi colored mushrooms on it and a red sash. Paired with a pink headband and my pink Fluevogs, I could definitely have pulled off a June Cleaver. It's always great to get out with that circle of close friends and just laugh and eat and eat and eat. There went that diet. We had a great time, lots of chatter and just a great get together for friends. I'm totally exhausted now and I'm sure it has to do with all the chocolate I ate (for those of you on a sugar free diet, like me, that is a big no-no). So, another fail for today, another meaning two days ago, I kinda caved to some chocolate and know this is going to come back and bite me in the rear... as in adding another 10lbs to my rear. Tomorrow is another day and not every day is a party with friends.

I'll be able to get a new start and possibly get back on my walking schedule with my neighbor. She and I walk about four miles, three times a week. This alone can be exhausting when your metabolism doesn't work well and your pancreas doesn't function correctly. But it can be done and it can be enjoyable. I know how difficult it is to get a partner for this most times, but if you can find someone near you that will go, definitely do this. It's so much better to walk with someone, it makes the miles melt away and you won't even realize you're exhausted until you get home and collapse on the couch. The average time it will take to see results from this is about 4 weeks, but continuing this habit can result in permanent changes for the better. The body can be trained to improve it's calorie usage and you in turn will get better at remembering to eat right and keep going. Even small changes are totally worth it, don't get derailed (like me) when you have a setback. I get totally crushed because it feels like all the work wasn't worth anything. But it is. It's taken me almost 3 years to completely revamp my diet and start working out as often as I do. I DO wish there was some sort of time machine to show me what I'd look like if I wasn't taking care of myself the way I do now. Perhaps I'd be so bad off I'd be bedridden at this point or have compounding health issues. Either way, all we have is here and now, so go for it, if here and now has to happen once a day, then affirm to eat better and take better care of yourself. It is hard. I think it is a hundred times harder for people battling chronic disease. It's not like you can tell yourself it will get better some day. It will only get worse no matter what you do. But if you take care of yourself and eat right you can minimize the effects on your life and be able to enjoy yourself more often.

So today's sneak peak is a mystery meal. What does that even mean? heh. It means I spent all day with my friends partying and laughing and not thinking about anything so here I am at the end of the day saying, "hey, I have your hint ready!"

Hint: I have no idea what I'm going to post Friday, so come back and get a surprise! Even for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy one of the recipes or just killing time at work on a Friday? Let everyone know! Also, if you modified a recipe with great success - post it! We love new ideas and delicious foods! Keep it clean and family friendly!