Monday, April 22, 2013

Menu Suggestions

I had a friend who often gave me a list of things in her refrigerator and pantry and asked, "What do I do with this?"  It wasn't that she didn't know how to cook, just that she had run out of ideas and wanted to use the food she had without doing a special run for something at the store.  I wanted to do something like that for this blog.  If people left comments listing at least 4-5 foods they had, we could have a great time coming up with recipes or ideas!  The thing is, it would have to be actual ingredients, not just ketchup, mustard, onions and flour.  Well, actually, you could make onion rings with that if you had some oil, but really, we are avoiding flour for the most part!

That wouldn't stop me from trying to make onion rings with garbanzo flour!  Those would probably be great!   So, if you're hanging around the site and think "menu suggestions" might be fun to do for a little while, let me know!  Do you think it would be fun?  Helpful?  Just plain silly to see some of the things people have left in their pantry at the end of a week?   I'll be the first to start.  This week, I'll do a post and let you know what I had in the fridge and what I decided to do with it.  OR. Maybe you have some great ideas of your own!?

As a side note, my own mother encouraged me to put in a camera in my house to record the day.  She said I'd make millions just streaming the cam to a website for people to crack up about.  I let the kids (with supervision) build a fire.  This is not the first time.  It's a little tiny campfire style surrounded by sand in my backyard (which is devoid of grass.)  That is entertainment for hours.  There have been other incidents such as, "Get out of my dryer and do not eat your peanut butter and jelly sandwich in there."  This was met with my friend's the other end of the phone continuing her discussion as though I had never said such a thing.  She wasn't phased by dryers with children and sandwiches.  I thought it was normal.  Apparently, most things with kids are not.

This week was filled with me finishing my paper for school.  I'm almost done with this class.  We took a trip to Busch Gardens and it was a welcome respite from sitting around the house doing schoolwork.  The pictures below are from there.

This week was also filled with a LOT of views from Germany!! Hi everyone!  I hope you're enjoying the blog, I'm going to do a post soon of all the flags from all the countries who have had hits on my site!  Keep watching and make sure I post the right flags!  That would almost be a trivia day!

So, look forward to seeing you next week.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy one of the recipes or just killing time at work on a Friday? Let everyone know! Also, if you modified a recipe with great success - post it! We love new ideas and delicious foods! Keep it clean and family friendly!