Monday, April 8, 2013

Ever Wonder....

How is it, that someone who does food blogging for a living (don't let that fool you, I'm making zero money from this, but I love it and I love cooking so, it's definitely living) and loves food and loves cooking goes to an exotic location with wonderful people, sights and food and takes NO pictures?   Oh sure, I definitely got the sunsets, the animals, a bug here and there where I could find them, but no food.  At all.

What is WRONG with me?  I can explain.  When I'm there and things are just laid back and I have no worries and no responsibilities and the world just turns, it's so easy to just walk away from my camera and enjoy everything.  This is how life is meant to be lived, not behind a camera.  But I'm an addict, and I need the camera to see things, I need to see them later.  It's such a joy to go back later and pull all those old memories up and remember the moment.  Food pictures unfortunately are not included in my addiction in that moment of the world just turning.  I don't know if it's just forgetfulness or a complete immersion into the moments which are usually very beautiful and consist of me struggling to understand a little Spanish!  I've come back and demonstrated my skills with a plantain!  That's progress!!!

So, today all I can tell you is, "I'll try harder!"  Maybe next time I can get some food photos, or at least come away with something akin to a kitchen photo? WAIT!  I have one of those!  Let me get permission to use it and I'll have it posted here, you can see, I actually DO work in a Costa Rican (authentic!) kitchen sometimes.  It's beautiful, fun and very tropical/laid back and welcoming.  Nothing better than a shared meal on a cool summer night with the Latin beat in the backdrop of the city sounds and cheerful faces around the dinner table.  Sadly, when I cook, I tend to bring Italian or American style to the table.  Having the Mrs. of the house cook usually yields a much better (and delicious) traditional dish.







The picture with a bus isn't a picture of food, but it is a picture of outside a place where I ate food.  That's close right?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy one of the recipes or just killing time at work on a Friday? Let everyone know! Also, if you modified a recipe with great success - post it! We love new ideas and delicious foods! Keep it clean and family friendly!